Monday, May 4, 2009

Been Too Long

Well I took a very long break from blogging b/c I have been super busy. March was soo busy but I got a lot done around the house. So here are some of the things that have been keeping me super busy.....

We finally painted and re designed my guest bedroom. Since we moved here over 2 years ago the room just had a bunch of misc things that didn't go together or make any sense. So the first thing I did was I got the dresser that I have had since middle school and re painted it. I got the "paint" at Ikea and then found out is was more of a wood finisher needless to say it took over 3 coats of paint. It took so long I had cramps in my hands and legs. Then we picked out new bedding and curtains. The last thing was the paint. Spence of course wanted blue but I really liked this color my mom had my lil sister's room in GA. So I convinced Spencer to go with the color I liked which is between a cream and light yellow color.

The bed...still need a head board

Curtains

Sorry I am too lazy to flip this pic but it is the dresser that took me forever to get black!!
Next I have been taking care of one of my favorite babies...My dog Marty. He is soo much fun to play with and take care of. I really think he has helped me and Spence prepare for a real baby. Some people think that is silly but he is a lot of work. Spence cleaned out his room and I washed ALL his toys and bedding and blankets.

The things you see in your washer when you have a puppy.


Marty hiding in the pillows

Just hanging out

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I really do like what you did in that room. I have a great idea for the babies room. maybe Spencer can help me paint her room when you come!!!

Steve and Kirsten said...

Really cute...now you need to help me out with my house.