Monday, May 4, 2009

The last 2 weeks or April

Well the last two weeks in April were SUPER busy. I was able to go to Portland Oregon for 2 days in April to transport 3 of the foster children I work with. I asked the people in charge if I could bring someone with me since I was taking 3 children (3,4,8 years old) and all there belongings. Thankfully there said ok and off we went. So I have known these kids for 8+ months and thought no problem. Well we get to the airport check 10 bags of luggage in and then head to the gate. Well the foster mom gave each child a rolling carry on....NOT a good idea. What 3, 4, or 8 year old wants to roll a bag for a mile. So my supervisor and I got stuck rolling 5 carry on's through security and of course to the last gate in the terminal. Did I mention these kids have never flown. So explaining why they had to take of there shoes and walk very slowly through a medal detector and then putting all their shoes on while others waited was not fun. Well we made it to the terminal sweating by now and I go to sit down and one of the kids tells me they have to "poop". So off we went again....of course the bathroom down the way was closed so we had to go back up the escalator (of forgot to mention they kids had never been on a escalator and the 3 year old fell down...dang did we look bad!). Well we got to the bathroom I opened the stall and the little boy did not want me to close the door. So I had to stand with the door opened while the little boy pooped. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy watching a child, who looks nothing like me, poop. So we go back. The plane ride was actually pretty good. They of course asked if we were there yet every ten min but they were such troopers. Well half way through the plane ride my little boy looks at me and says he has to poop AGAIN! So off we went again can't close the door in the plane so I am sure the people by the bathroom were thrilled with the smell :). The rest of the trip went great. My supervisor and I were able to do a little sight seeing. Mainly we saw a lot of barely clothed men in there 60's walking around. I also got to take an hour and see my grandparents and aunt uncle and cousins that live in Vancouver, WA. I had never been there so it was nice to go see my grandparents in there home. Oregon was beautiful though and the weather was great.
Not the best pic but this is one of many old men we saw with no shirt on riding a motorcycle

1 comments:

Steve and Kirsten said...

What an "adventure" for you and your supervisor. Kids can sure keep you busy : ).