Yesterday was my Dad's birthday! I hate not being able to be with him for his birthday and now that i think about it I don't think I have been with him to celebrate it since 2001!! It is so hard to put into words how I feel about my dad because he is so special to me. I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful dad who has always been there for me my whole life. My dad can always put a smile on my face and always has the right thing to say when I call and need advice. My dad has always been able to give me a blessing when needed and taught me by example of what to look for in a husband. I hope my dad knows how much I love and care for him and how much I appriciate all that he does for me. I am so excited to see him in March and this summer with his newest grandson! I thought I would share one of my favorite memories of my dad just to show how great he is. I remember a week after I got my license (I was 19) i got in an accident in my dad's car and totalled the back of it. Could not open the trunk! I called my mom crying and she came and picked me up. My dad was out of town and coming home that night. As my dad walked in the door I sat at the bottom of the stairs crying and told him I had crashed his car. I was so worried he would be mad that I had only had my license for a week or because of how much it was going to cost. I remember the first words out of his mouth were "can I still get my golf clubs out"? I told him no and he was really sad about that but he gave me a hug and told me it was ok and never mentioned it again!! There have been many accidents and tickets since and he has always been great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Your dad has always been a very special person! He is great! The memory that stands out the most is when I spent the night once and I dropped my bra in your driveway as I was leaving...and he found it!! So embarrassing!!
Post a Comment