Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight


I am NOT a reader but earlier this year my sister in law Heidi got me to start reading the Twilight books. Well I read the first book in two days, I hadn't read a book in 7 years!! I of course have read all the other books in the series as well. So when I found out there was going to be a move I was very excited. As trailers came out for the movie I was not impressed. The trailers looked cheesy and lame so I did not expect much from the movie. Of course I went to the midnight showing. Since I live in Utah and the author went to BYU the books and movie are very popular here, especially with the teens and moms for some reason. Well let me tell you I have never seen so many freakish mom's in one place. The people at the movie theatre were just as good as the movie. The theatre we went to had a "Forks Prom Night" before the movie and all the little girls (and yes some moms) wore their prom dresses to the movie. (Before the movie some poor 16 year old boy almost burnt the place down by burning the popcorn.) Anyway the movie was GREAT!!! At least I think so. I know a lot of people were disappointed b/c so much was crammed into such a short period of time and so many things were different or left out but hey the book was 700 pages and it is a 2 hour movie what do you expect. I read on the Internet that they are going to start the 2nd movie soon!! Hopefully they get a better wig for Jacob this time around since he will be in the movie more!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

i like it... I would totally see it again... I just wanted MORE!

Steve and Kirsten said...

Great movie...how funny that people dressed up. I guess we have to have a little fun : ).