Monday, November 24, 2008

BYU vs U of U Game

Spencer and I went to the BYU vs U of U game this weekend at Rice Eccles Stadium. Since Spencer is a student at the U we of course sat in the student section. I teased Spence that I would wear my WARM BYU jacket to the game but Spence told me that he would not protect me against the U fans so I gave in and bought a Utah sweatshirt. So the forecast said it would be 53 degrees at the start of the game in in the 40's or so by the end. Well I have lived in Utah for 7 years and thought not too bad. So I dressed with just my sweatshirt and long sleeve shirt underneath and some jeans. I found a black beanie of mine on the way out and took it along. We got to the game early and the sun was out and I was actually a little hot. So we watched the players warm up and watch Alex Smith (BLAH) schmooze with some staff on the field. Well the game started and I started to get cold. By half time I couldn't feel my fingers and had to go to the bathroom to run them through hot water. By the end of the game I couldn't feel my hands or feet and had a hard time walking......note never just wear a sweatshirt to a football game in Nov!! I should have known better.....Oh yeah Utah won and the game was fun.

P.S. Never sit in the Student section of a Utah game and cheer for BYU. Some poor probably return missionary got beat to a bloody pulp by some drunk 19 year old Utah fans. It was really sad and I just sat there and watched, hey what was I going to do. The "security staff" were a bunch of 18 year old kids that weighed 100 pounds and couldn't break up the fight and by the time anyone with size or strength showed up the poor BYU kid was all messed up. Thank goodness I didn't wear my BYU jacket!!!!



Spence and I before the game (before I froze).

Brian Johnson before the game.

The U player lining up to "skip" or warm up.

Right before a touch down!

Fans rushing the field after the asked 5x not to


2 comments:

Steve and Kirsten said...

I'm so jealous you went to the game. We listened by radio : ).

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! It's Heidi (Lynn) from Walnut! My husband and I live in Salt Lake now and I just saw that you do too! (I found your blog through Soly's.) Just thought I'd say hi!