I have been so busy since carter was born and have not really been able to write a full post about his birth or anything really. I know most people don't want to hear about the birthing process but I want to remember it and this might be the only way.
At my 32 week appointment (i think) I had an ultrasound done and my doctor stated that the fluid surrounding the baby was low and that he wanted to do a non-stress test (i think...grr i'm already forgetting) to make sure the baby was ok. The doctor sat me in this chair and hooked me up to the monitors and left me there for about an hour. There were some dvd's of old "Friends" espisodes so I had spence put some in and we watched (spencer had never seen an episode of friends before). The doctor came in and said I had a few contrations but the baby looked good. I am not sure that I really had contractions I really think it was from me laughing all the time while watching friends. Doc made me do another non-stress test that weekend everything looked good. Two weeks later had another ultrasound, fluid still low another non-stress test baby still ok but the doctor was concerned that my fluid was a little lower than the week before. I was now 35 weeks and the doctor asked my opion on what we should do. I was thinking in my head shouldn't you be deciding why would you ask a woman who is huge and 35 weeks prego what she wants to do...so obviously I said get him out.
I was induced on April 26th around noon. I was not prepared to be induced that day so I had to call work and let them know I would not be coming in :). The doc came in to do a "exam" and I kicked him in the stomach and he asked "you are planning on getting an epidural...right" I told him my plan was to try and see if I could do it naturally. He looked at me and said "you are getting an epidural" and he ordered it. I guess my tolerance for pain or lack there of was obvious during the "exam". Had the epidural and it was GREAT! Couldn't stop laughing for a while after. Spencer and I hung out in the room until 9pm when my sister arrived and the PAIN started!!! I felt so good up until then and didn't know what had hit me. I started throwing up and couldn't breath. I called my nurse Amber in (angel) and she called my epidural man in (can't spell the correct name). I told him i was in pain and he basically looked and me and told me I was in labor and it would be painful and left. Well I officailly hated him after that and endured the pain until 1:30AM when Amber came back in and convinced me to have the epidural man come back. He came back she convinced him to re-do the epidural and I swear seconds after he re-did it I was fine. I dialated quickly after that and they called the doctor. My sister did so great helping spencer and me. I was shocked she could handle it all!
The doctor came in (LOVE Dr. England) and I pushed I think 3 times and Carter came out....I had to ask if he was out b/c I didn't even feel it. I noticed that the doctor wasn't saying anything or showing me Carter or letting spencer cut the cord so I knew something was wrong. The docotor was hitting carter and trying to get him to breathe. The doctor handed Carter to Amber my nurse and she hit a code blue botton on the wall and the room went from being Me, Spencer, Tina, Doc, and Amber to like 15 people. I could hear everyone saying he wasn't breathing but he had a heart beat. Doc England kept telling me it was ok and that this happened sometimes. My sister started crying and the look on Spencers face was not good. Exactly 70 seconds (yes all of this happened in 70sec) Carter took his first breathe and I knew everything was ok. Next thing I knew I was in a new room and Carter was with me. Spencer fell asleep and I stayed up with Carter. I couldn't believe he was finally here and he was mine. I thought about how he was just in my tummy. I remember singing to him and just watching him stare at me. I knew he would be mine for ever and I would love him for even longer!
Waiting...Do you see my lovely blue throw-up bag!!
My sister Tina...she was such a trooper!
First pic of the new Quistberg Family.
Me and Carter!
1 comments:
YAY! well done Momma Lisa! He is just too cute!
Post a Comment